Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas!!!


Jace and Kate
Jace is usually found right next to Kate. He kisses her head about every five minutes.


Kate in her Christmas PJ's. My family thought she looked like a jail bird.

Jace got a pirate dress up from Santa. I was feeling bad because the girls are always putting dresses on him when they play dress up. I figured that if the girls make him play dress up, then he should atleast have something boyish.


Kaylee got a Sleeping Beauty dress up. She loved it! Sleeping Beauty is her favorite princess.

Kamree requested a Tinker Bell dress and the Tinker Bell movie. She was so excited when she got both. She reminds me so much of a little Tinker Bell with her cute blonde hair. What a cutie!


Jace also got a Big Wheel. Kaylee, Kamree and Jace have been fighting over it ever since. He does not like anyone to touch it. He also got bubble bath. The bottle is in the shape of a car with wheels. He has been carrying that around with him and driving all over. After I told him it was bubble bath, he started calling it his bubble car.

Kaylee with her Miley Cyrus barbie doll. We couldn't go without that!

Kamree looking at her Tinker Bell movie - she loves it!! This will be the new movie we have to watch 9 million times.

Kids opening presents.

Mom passing out presents.
Well, I never thought we would get everything done this month.......oh wait, we didn't! We didn't get the Christmas lights put up, we didn't make it to go see the lights, we didn't do a Christmas card, and I'm sure there are a few other things we didn't get to. We are finding out that we don't really have any extra time with four kids. We didn't have extra time with three kids, but now we REALLY don't have any time!! Oh well, I guess that stuff really isn't important and the only thing that matters is that we we're together and remebered what Christmas really is about. Once we get adjusted to what we need to, the other stuff will come along:).
We did have a great Christmas. The kids slept until about 9:00 A.M. which was soooo nice since "Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause" were up until about 4:00 A.M. wrapping presents and watching a movie.........not very smart, but we were excited for Christmas and couldn't sleep!!! We were a little worried when we did all get up. There was a huge snow storm, a lot of snow already that had fallen, and the power had just gone out! We tried to feed the kids something before we went downstairs, but they really weren't that interested. The power thankfully did come back on at about 10:00 A.M. so that wasn't too bad at all - the house didn't have too big of a chance to get freezing cold......just a little cold. The kids were all excited to see what Santa Clause had brought them. It was fun to see the looks on their faces as they opened their presents.
Just really quick......here are a few funny things the kids have said.
I told Kaylee how lucky she was to have gotten so many fun things for Christmas from everyone and she said : " I know! It just makes me have a tingally feeling inside!"
Kamree put her new Tinker Bell dress on and was walking around the house with Jace holding his hand. She looked at him and said : " So do I look pretty?" Jace said: " Yep!" And then Kamree said : " So do you want to get married?" Jace said: "Yep!" Then Kamree said: " Okay - lets go put you in a dress!" Poor Jace.
I was teasing Jace and acted like I grabbed his nose and was holding it in my hand. He almost started crying and said : " Mom, can I have my nose back?" I touched his nose and he said : " Thanks Mom!"

Jeff gave me a laptop for Christmas. What a sweet husband! Sometimes all I do is mention that it would be nice or fun to have something and the next thing I know, it shows up. He is always doing nice things for me like this! I am very thankful to have him.
Another "fun" thing we got to do a few days a go, was buy a new dishwasher! YUCK! A while back the handle on the dishwasher door broke. We could still get it open and closed even though it was a little bit tricky and you had to be careful so it wouldn't snap your fingers off. Finally the other day another part fell off and the door would not close all the way. So it was off to get a new dishwasher. These things are just so fun to have to do! I can think of a million other things that I would rather spend our money on, but oh well!

7 comments:

ELI said...

My favorite kids moment this Christmas was when Krisanda and Jeff were taking the kids home from Grandma's and Grandpa's house because they were getting a little wild. I asked Kaylee what she was going to do when she got home and she said, "Dad says we're going home and we're going RIGHT to bed!" So I said, "well were you being bad?" And she pointed at Kamree and JJ and said, as if very annoyed, "I wasn't but THEM TWO were!"

ELI said...

Also at G-Mac's house when grandma gave Kaylee a home-made pancho and Kaylee whispered to me, "did you see that blanket grandma gave me? It has a hole in it!"

Lindsey said...

I love Jace's new pirate costume. I love Eli's comments. Your kids are so cute! I hope things are going good with 4.

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Reece has some red and white striped pj's like Kate's as well - they can be jailbirds together!

Camille Schmidt said...

Krisanda I love your blog! Your kids are so cute and it looks like you guys had a fun christmas. I just started a blog too (I know I'm really venturing out there)- it's camilleanddarren@blogspot.com

The Bell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Krishelle told me all about the Christmas Eve fun. That's what I love about your family is that no matter what I story is I totally feel like I'm right there!