Sunday, January 25, 2009

I LOVE my husband!!!!!

So lately Jeff has had to go out of town quite a bit for work! It has been really hard on all of us - Jeff included, but we have to have a paycheck - no way around that unfortunately! I have been a CRAZY person lately (just ask my family) and just really having kind of a rough time. My hormones are still out of control (that's kind of an understatement) and with Jeff gone, I have really been in the "pits of despair"! So, this past week, Jeff went to California, and I got a call from him on Thursday which brought the news that he would have to stay a whole extra week. He was supposed to come home Saturday, but now I'm hearing the unexpected news that it would be a lot longer! The "water works" started immediately! Poor Jeff didn't know exactly what to do! I asked him if he could at least fly home for the weekend. He told me he didn't think his company would pay for his flight, so we would have to pay for it ourselves - so that option was out! So, I decided to be a big girl (ha ha) and just deal with it!!! Then Jeff tells me that, his friend (that he works with and that was in California with him) was flying home on Saturday morning and that he would be stopping by the house to get some tools that he needed for school that next week. So Saturday morning the doorbell rings a little before 10:00. I go to answer it, and there is Cory standing at the door. So I talk with him for a little bit, go downstairs to get the tools, came back up, talked a little bit more about how I wished Jeff was home, and how its hard on both Jeff and I when he is out of town. So then Cory leaves and I go back into my bedroom where I see Kaylee, Jace, and Kate (Kamree was at my mom's), all on my bed under the blankets quiet as can be. Kaylee and Jace had big grins on their faces. I looked at them and said "Oh, look at my 3 beautiful babies! But we are missing one!" Then just as I was saying that I saw out of the corner of my eye some man coming out of my bathroom! I hurried and looked over, and what do you know.......................it was JEFF! I screamed and started crying! I was soooooo excited! He totally surprised me and I had absolutely no idea! He snuck in through the garage while I was talking to Cory at the front door. His company did pay for his flight after all (thank you soooo much RSA) and he kept it all a secret to surprise me. He gave me these beautiful flowers!
He then told me to pack some things for the kids, and to pack some thing for myself as well. He had made arrangements for the kids. Kaylee and Jace stayed with his parents, and Kamree and Kate stayed with my parents. Thank You Parents - and Krishelle, Eli, Andy and Micalyne! We love and appreciate you all!!!! I kept asking him what we were doing and he wouldn't tell me! So we went and dropped the kids off and got on our way.
We then headed downtown! On the way, Jeff pulled into the parking lot at Fashion Place mall. I got really excited for about a second, thinking he was taking me shopping! He quickly started laughing, and said "We're not going shopping. I just wanted to see what you would do!" It was pretty funny! We kept going and pulled up in front of the Monaco Hotel! It was beautiful! He had reserved a room for us. The lobby and rooms and just the whole entire place was so pretty! The rooms were nice and big. We left our stuff in the room and then went around town for a bit. Then at 5:00 we went to the Grand America Hotel. Jeff had scheduled a couples massage for us at the spa inside the hotel. We got there and first went swimming in the pool and then got our massages afterwards. This was the first professional massage I've ever had. I am completely in love with massages! That was like heaven! We will be going again!!!! We then went to the Gateway and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We ended up there because Jeff didn't want Mexican, and I didn't want Crab, and we both said we were NOT eating at Applebee's because we ALWAYS eat there. Everything else we had ruled out as well, so we ended up at the pizza place. It was yummy!
Let me explain this horrible excuse for a robe down below! Jeff and his friend, Cory were talking about how the Monaco had really nice robes that you could use while you stayed at the hotel. Cory said he wanted to steal the robe when he was there. Jeff and I looked in the closet when we got there, and we saw 2 of these little beauty's hanging up! We could not stop laughing! We came to the conclusion that the hotel switched from regular white robes to animal print because too many people were stealing them so they figured if they made them ugly, their problems would be solved! Anyway, if anyone is interested.............you can order this winner online and it could be yours for the low amount of $120.00 plus shipping and handling!!!! Ha Ha Ha!

Well, we got to sleep in this morning, then we checked out and went to breakfast/lunch. Then we spent a little more time together and then went to get the kids! Then we came home for a while before we loaded up and took Jeff to the airport. It really meant SOOOOO much that Jeff went to all that trouble for me! I know its a pain to travel back and forth so much (especially for just 2 days) but it is just what I needed! I love him so much and am so grateful for everything he does for me! He truly makes me feel like I am loved and that I am the most important person to him! I love and appreciate him! Thank you so much Jeff! You are amazing! :)



11 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is super nice. What a great surprise!

Maybe we can hang out this week seeing as how Jeff's gone and I'm getting the car a couple days I think. I'll call.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Yes that Jeff is a great guy I knew he was a special person from the very first time I met him. But I also know he is lucky to have you for a wife.

Lindsey said...

that is so great! How cute is Jeff? I'm sorry that Jeff has to go out of town so much. You really need to call me if you need any help. You are more than welcome to bring a couple of the kids by anytime. We dont do anything. Ashlynn would probably love it.

Carrie said...

And that didn't give you a heart attack because why? Just reading about it I almost fainted. :) That is absolutely dreamy of him. If he's going for husband of the year...I'd say he won! You two are darling!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! What a nice get away for a busy mom like you, and very considerate of your sweet husband to recognize that! Thanks for sharing your neat story.

The Bullocks said...

oh, Krasanda at the first of this post my eyes were totally tearing up because I felt so bad for you. I don't know how you do it. it's so hard to not get that little break every night when the hubby comes home.
GO JEFF!!!!! that is so nice. The best present ever. I love sleeping in and relaxing.
I'm so glad you got a little break. it was very well earned.

p.s I want to know why Lindsey only offered to watch a "couple" of your kids

Krishelle said...

Jeff is a sweetheart! I am so glad he did this for you! You definitly desrved it! And Katie is right...what's up with Lindsey only offering to take a "couple" kids??? ;)

ELI said...

I want to know why Krishelle didn't offer to watch any of your kids. (I already know why I didn't offer. hehehehe).

Camille Schmidt said...

Wow what a man! I teared up reading that! Maybe he could teach a class or something....

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Oh my gosh! I am such a baby! I totally started crying when I read your story. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. WOW Jeff! You get big points for that. So sweet! You deserved it Krisanda! I always ask Krishelle how you do everything you do cause i can hardly handle one kid. ;) Yes...we do need to get together soon. Let us know when jeff is in town. We miss you guys!

Emily said...

I will be forwarding that post on to Steve!!! I can totally relate my dear. Steve is always traveling and it's the hardest thing. I March he leaves for 6 days! Are you kidding me?? Four kids now. We'll see if I survive.
Em