Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Break in Seattle With My Hubby!!!

So once again, Jeff is in Seattle on a LOOOONNNNGGGG out of town trip! So to help break it up a little, and to give me a break at home, we used one of the free flights Jeff has earned and flew me to Seattle to spend time together - on a little trip!
This was the first time I had been to Seattle. These first two pictures were on the ferry to go into downtown Seattle. It was a little cold that day, but beautiful! It was pretty cool!

We walked around town and found a store that sold kilts. WOW! The guy in the store was way too excited about it all! Jeff begged and begged if he could get one, I almost gave in, but the price was over $200.00. I told him that if he works hard and saves up, then maybe one day he could own one! Ha ha ha! Really, I think the guy in the store was probably mad because we were making fun of them!
We also did an underground tour in Seattle which was really cool. It tells and shows so much about the history of the town. We're so good.......we like to get our education in!

We walked through Pikes Place and it was a MESS, but really cool and I liked it! The picture above is so disgusting! We brought it home and hope to invite a lot of people over for dinner to share it with! J/K But pretty interesting what's swimmin' in the water..........



Here is an octopus. It was laying in a mound, and then when they realized I was looking at it weird, they came out and held it up for me. Once again........pretty interesting what's down swimmin' under the water!


I caught a picture of us here while Jeff was on a work phone call........it never ends! :) It's alright, it was just a short one! SMILE!!!!! :)


The flowers that were for sale there were gorgeous!!!! Jeff wanted to buy some for me........cause I couldn't get over how pretty they were! I couldn't decide which ones to get, so Jeff bought all of these for me........ha ha ha! Actually, I decided not to get any, cause I was worried about getting them home on the plane! Oh well!


More flowers! The colors were AMAZING! They were all so perfect! I would do anything to have these kind of flowers in my yard!
Oh yeah, can I just say that Seattle has a lot of CRAZY interesting moody people?!?!?!?! They were everywhere! Jeff and I have a theory.........people are so moody because of the gloomy weather that is there most of the time! I'm sure that's not a breakthrough.........that has probably already been studied and proven for Seattle! :) Some of those people need to lighten up! :)

And here is My Husband! Don't worry, the face is specifically for the picture! We went to a place called The Crab Pot, and they put bibs on people.........so of cours I whipped out the camera for the occasion! He is sooooo special!!! :) Ha ha ha!


This is Jeff's favorite thing about Seattle...........the crab legs! He loves them to death! I tried some, and I have to admit that they were pretty good - and I typically don't like this kind of stuff - I got the chicken strips.........he he he! But I did eat from Jeff's plate as well..........oink oink!


We went for a drive to the Olympic mountains - to see a rainforest and the beach. It was a 3 hour drive and we came across this beautiful property! We are thinking about moving here...........the riverfront is actually a little stream...............not the ocean or anything like that! Jeff and I though it was pretty funny!

Good luck with the sell!!!!!! It's in the middle of nowhere, it is probably most deffinately haunted, and there is so much JUNK everywhere (it is like a cousin to Slab City for those of you who are familiar with that), and all the neighbore (which are miles away) have property that looks worse or the same as this! I was having so much anxiety seeing all of the junk people had by their houses - run down rusty cars, piles of metal, garbage, anything you can think of! Jeff was laughing at me, I finally just stopped looking so I wouldn't pass out! No offense to the people who live there, but WOW!

Here is a lookout point from a little hike Jeff and I did! It was so beautiful looking out to the sea.


SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL! It makes you remember that there are so many wonderful things we have in this world! We are so lucky to have gorgeous places like this to visit and forget about things for a while!


On our hike, we met a guy from Denmark - and he took this picture for us! Nice guy! When strangers take a picture for you, isn't it a relief when they just take the picture and give the camera right back? I am waiting for the day when a stranger takes a picture for us, and then runs of with the camera! I'm sure it's happened many times! Jeff would say that this is being paranoid............... :/.

This was still looking out into the sea.................and I'm pretty sure that this is the Lockness Monster! Jeff didn't believe me - I told him to keep watching the news and he would see!


So pretty! I could just look out on this for hours and hours and hours. Well, or until it got dark and I got scared!


This is a tree in the rainforest we drove through! The trunk of this tree is HUGE! I think it said that the base of it is 12 1/2 feet in diameter and is over 270 feet high and is between 500 and 550 years old! AMAZING!


Jeff and I climbed the tree, but we only made it to about 200 feet. That last 70 feet was a little too much......for Jeff! He he he!

After the rainforest, we we drove down to the beach. Not your typical tropical looking beach........but so pretty! Not a very good picture, but I promise, it was pretty!

Oh, here's that tree again! You know, the big one - that we climbed. Not that I could get the full heighth in, but it went forever!


Here is us just walking up and down the beach! See what I am talking about with the gloominess? All the same, it is still pretty!


My cute husband on the beach! We had such a great time together! As much as we LOVE our kids, it is also nice to be alone and re-group!

Here was a cluster of oysters attched to a rock! Pretty cool! So cool, that Jeff took one in as a "pet!" His name is Tony. I'm afraid he was only with us for a few days. Jeff threw it out on the road after awhile! I think he was frustrated with the lack of communication from Tony.


Here we are before we left the beach! We had an awesome time together. We always laugh and enjoy being with each other sooo much! I guess that one thing that makes it harder when Jeff is out of town! But once again, we are grateful for a job and that he does have the option to work out of town! Being a part soooo much will not last forever! We will get through it and everything will be JUST fine! I'm so glad I was able to go spend time with Jeff! We will have good memories from this liitle trip!:)

9 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Looks like a great trip! I'm glad you were able to get away and spend some time together. You guys deserve it after how much you have to be apart!

Sweet Pea and James said...

I can't believe I forgot to ask you about your trip on Sunday...Sorry! I'm glad you had such a great time, and I'm sorry you had to come home so quick! =) Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by for you!

Lindsey said...

cute pics of you and Jeff! I'm glad you guys had fun!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Thanks for telling about you trip to Seattle I have never been there so it is good to hear about places I may never see. Richard has been there with the Air Force and says it is beautiful.

Camille Schmidt said...

I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go to Seattle, and I don't know why. But after looking at your pictures I really want to go, it looks so beautiful! I admire you and Jeff for having such a strong marriage and being able to laugh at things.

Carrie said...

Seattle is one of my all-time favorite places in the world! You two still have the newlywed look going for you. :)

Emily said...

Steve and I love going on trips together. We are planning one in August for our tenth anniversary I can't wait!!

Krishelle said...

It probably was the Loch Ness Monster...cause as Bridgette said when we were snorklin in Mexico..."there's a lot of stuff down there you don't even know"

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Ha ha ha ha! Krisanda you crack me up. I love you. Sounds like you had a fun trip. You so deserve it! so....I'm feelin a little left out not being in europe. Want to meet me at the airport tomorrow to go on our own trip since we weren't invited?? It will be so much cooler! Do you think Kaylee would mind watching all the kids and Brax for a week?? Where should we go first? He he!!