Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last Post for Today........the Kitchen Project!

So for the last few months, we have been working on our kitchen! YAY! I have wanted white cabinets forever and so one day when we were talking about the house, I brought it up and we decided to go for it and do some other things a long with it! First of all our oven kinda was falling a part a little. So Jeff found a GREAT deal on a double oven. So, we bought that along with a glass stovetop. We had to get a big cabinet to put ovens in and another cabinet to go where the oven used to be. We also did crown molding on the cabinets that looks awesome! We then decided to redo all the countertops with travertine - I LOVE IT! Then, we ripped up the floor and put down a really pretty wood laminate down that we got an amazing deal on! It looks sooo much better in our kitchen and feels better too! We still have some finishing touches to do, but we'll get there soon!

Here is the new double ovens in the new cabinet in the corner of our kitchen. It fits there perfectly!
Pained white cabinets! We also turned the island, it seems to give us more space - which is GREAT! We need all the space we can get!


Our new cabinet with the glass cooktop - and Kate taking everything out of the drawer! She's good at doing this!

This picture didn't turn out - of well! But you can see the travertine, and also the raised bar on the island! It is perfect now with how high our stools are.



Another view of our double ovens! Oh, and in these pictures, you can see the new floor! I don't have any before pictures, but just picture really ugly lenolium on the floor and brown cabinets with cheap countertops! :) It's MUCH BETTER now, trust me.
Have you ever noticed how hard it is to get projects done with kids around????

4 comments:

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Love the kitchen you are in a new home now and you didn't have to move!! I sure would like to see it. Our mission is over next week, it will e good to see all of you again.

Camille Schmidt said...

Love it!! Great job guys! I love makeovers, so fun!

Carrie said...

I love it you guys! LOVE IT! I bet the place is unrecognizable to me it's been years. You have done a beautiful job, great work!

Ria P said...

Oh wow.. I remember you telling me about the renovations but WOW thats just amazing doll! Awesome job you guys! I think its hard enough renovating without kids, so I can just imagine! Lol
x Shanna